1) Re LETTER OF WM. J. DEALY FROM BANTRY, SEP. 17. 1840 TO MICHAEL DEALY, ST JOHNS, NEW BRUNSWICK.
The signature is very similar to that of our grandfather, William Justin Dealy, in our family bible.
We used to posses an oil painting of a sailing ship, which my father & probably my grandfather owned as a merchant vessel.
I knew my father, John Richard Dealy, went to St John's Newfoundland. for awhile - Then returned to England
2) Enclosed copy of seal impression is suggestive of being portrait of Judge Daly.(It was fragile - clay, I think. Did not survive the mailing)
3) Enclosed is copy of letter re Dealy family from Sophia Barry to her cousin Mary Hannah Bennett (my father's sister).
4) We have nothing to show which is the eldest son of my great grandfather (Denis Dealy).You have him as James Dealy ?? Whose father = another James Daly & whose grandfather was Denis Daly - right?
5) I hope I am going to have a copy of the chart, please, when complete.
Edith Septima Daly
The words in italics were written by Jim Dealy as notes to me when he sent me this letter.
Return to Front Page
Send email to preparer: Emery Daly